Microneedling, also known as Collagen induction therapy (CIT) is a cosmetic procedure that repeatedly punctures the skin with tiny, sterile needles (microneedling the skin). Between 100 and 150 strokes per second can be delivered without scratching or tearing the skin, because it respects the integrity of the epidermis and dermis using non traumatic perforations to gently trigger the generation of new tissue. This therapy triggers the body’s spontaneous healing process, stimulating cell proliferation and causing the formation of new collagen.
Microneedling promotes skin repair, and it is clinically proven that it’s perhaps the most successful treatment available for the common signs and symptoms of aging such as wrinkles, loss of skin volume, and uneven skin. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks.It is also good for skin tightening and to reduce dark spots. Lately, it has been used for vitiligo treatment with very good results.
How can microneedling diminish wrinkles?
The production of new and healthy collagen plus the infusion of some substances like hyaluronic acid diminishes the skin folds, resulting in a young looking skin.
How can microneedling diminish acne scars?
When the microneedling enter the skin, they broke the irregular collagen that form the scars, and then the healing generates new and regulated collagen making the skin softer.
How can microneedling improve stretch marks?
A stretch mark is done when the skin stretches to the point that the collagen fibers break in the dermis. Microneedling promotes generation of new collagen that improves these areas of broken fibers.
What is the process?
- You need to arrive 20 minutes before your appointment and we will apply numbing cream. This will allow us to do your treatment without any pain at all.
- The procedure will be done in 30 to 40 minutes.All the material we use is sterile to diminish the risk of infection.
- Even if you bleed, the micro holes that we make with the machine are invisible and they will close almost immediately.
- After finishing we will apply a mask on your face in order to hydrate your skin
- Your skin will be red and a little bit painful for the next couple of days.
- In order to customize your treatment, the best will be to use a dermaroller 3 times a week.
- Your treatment will be done every 4 to 8 weeks.
- You will need between 5 to 10 sessions to reach the objective.
Even though microneedling could seem to be invasive, it is extremely safe and effective.